The environment is an important part of Crane AB's operations. The environmental specialist coordinate work on our environmental protection work by supporting the business in environmental questions and ensuring that Crane AB meets customer requirements, legal requirements and other requirements, including site specific environmental permit and environmental management system (for certificates chosen for business). The role also includes responsibility for coordinating chemical handling for Crane AB.
The main environmental areas of work for Crane AB is in noise, water and wastewater, air emissions, energy, waste and chemical handling.
The environmental specialist ensures that Crane AB implement continuous improvement of environmental performance in accordance with the common policy for Safety, Environment, Work Environment and Quality (SMAK).
• Stay updated with and enforce relevant local (municipal), national (Sweden) and international environmental regulations, guidelines and practices.
• Obtain, enforce, maintain and if necessary, renew environmental permits and licenses required by regulation. Also including submit required environmental notices to regulatory agencies.
• Manage and Coordinate activities so that business meets expectations under agreed environmental permit according to the Swedish Environmental Code, together with the functional departments.
• Act as the company´s main contact person in contacts and collaborations with relevant authorities.
• Provide guidance and direction to management and support the departments on environmental questions for ensuring compliance.
• Report and collaborate with parent company on environmental areas for improvements across the group´s different sites around the world.
• Identify and solve violations of environmental regulations, guidelines and practices.
• Conduct regular environmental inspections and risk assessment on operations to determine risk level and minimize risk.
• Work with emergency response team on site to address environmental incidents such as chemical leaks and spills.
• Investigate environmental accidents and propose corrective actions.
• Review and recommend improvements to existing environmental programs for compliance assurance.
• Manage site environmental self-monitoring and control program.
• Plan and, if necessary, carry out environmental controls and measurements, and interpret results for routine environmental control and projects.
• Write and compose reports on environmental projects, annual reporting’s and other reports as requested by regulatory agencies or other requirements.
• Assist other departments in developing project proposals and statement of work and determine overall budget and schedules.
• Maintain and develop the certified environmental management system according to ISO 14001.
• Audits within the framework of ISO 14001 and other certifications.
• Work with continuous improvements and LEAN.
• Plan and hold meetings and training on environmental, health and safety.
• Write environmental related articles, newsletters, and press releases.
• Chemical handling e.g. manage internal chemical registry, assessment and risk management of chemicals, substitution of chemicals, report to authorities including updating the chemical product registry (Produkt registret Kemikalieinspektionen).
The above list is not exhaustive. You may be required to undertake other duties to support the needs of the company not included in the list above.
University degree or university education in the environmental science / engineering or a related field.
Experience in inspections, chemical work and ISO 14001
Good knowledge of both Swedish and English (speech and writing)
Good knowledge of the Office suite
Knowledgeable about current environmental regulations and potential regulatory changes as well as Sustainability developments in manufacturing businesses
What we offer
We offer interesting and independent work within an exciting industry that is constantly evolving. Crane Currency is a part of Crane Co, a multinational company in a technology-intensive industry with a number of sites throughout the world. To our associates, we offer benefits that promote health and balance between work and privacy as well as colleagues from all around the world.
Information and application
Based on the company's security requirements, a background check is implemented before employment is offered. Crane Currency is a non-smoking company.
Please send your application, in English, as soon as possible since selection will be ongoing.
To apply, please visit www.cranecurrency.com. Under the CAREERS page, Recruitment Tumba, you will find "Logga in eller registrera dig", follow the instructions to send in your application.
We look forward to your application!
About Crane Currency
A dynamic culture, a team environment, exceptional people, best-in-class technology—all have contributed to the amazing success and vibrant growth at Crane. One of the longest-standing companies within the banknote industry, our company is one of few in the world that can perform all steps in the production chain – from design to papermaking, printing and security. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to hiring and retaining the best in the industry. Crane Currency is located within Tumba Bruks historical area, approximately 30 km south of Stockholm, about 20 minutes from Stockholm Central.